Ancient Egypt Online Scavenger Hunt
Please answer questions on a separate piece of paper:
1. Watch this clip and write down 3 of the most interesting facts in complete sentences. ==========>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2. Use Google Maps to answer the following questions:
a. What are the three modern cities located near the Nile River?
b. Name 5 countries that are close to Egypt.
c. What was the ancient capital of Egypt?
d. What is the modern capital of Egypt?
3. Use the “Rosetta Stone” Once you read the home page, you have to click on “The Rosetta Stone” at the bottom to find more information.
a. What was the Rosetta Stone?
b. Where and when was it found?
c. Who deciphered it?
4. Pick 2 Egyptian Gods or Goddesses and include:
-Name of god/goddess.
-What is their symbol/hieroglyph?
5. Write down 5 facts about the Egyptian Book of the Dead?
6. Fill in the blanks by searching the internet for key terms. Include the definition in your answer.
__________________ - a carved inscription with the name of the pharoah to symbolize an official scroll
__________________ - an embalmed or preserved body
__________________ - a reed that grows along the Nile. It was used for paper and weaved into sandals and baskets.
__________________ - a building or object having four triangular sides meting at the top
7. Name and briefly describe the main dynasties/periods of Ancient Egypt:
8. Write down 3 facts about the Sphinx using the “Guardian’s Sphinx” link.
9. Go to this website on mummy info. Write 3-4 sentences about the mummy making process.
10. Find the definition of these words:
11. Use the Hieroglyphic Name Translator to the right to translate your first and last name =========>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hieroglyphic Name Translator